Register your 11- to 18-year-old for one or more of these spooktacular paranormal adventures happening between June 22 and August 7, 2021!
At Spirits of Milford Ghost Camp, young people 11 to 18 years old will learn the basics of paranormal investigation by visiting two walkable haunted sites in downtown Milford, Conn., while using professional ghost hunting tools like EMF detectors, EVP recorders and dowsing rods.
Each of these 3-hour morning, afternoon or evening adventures will begin near the entrance of Wilcox Park — believed to be haunted by the Paugussett Indians who used to live there — near the public boat launch at Fowler Field. Led by Spirits of Milford Ghost Walks owner/operator Cindy Wolfe Boynton, participants will learn about the history of the area and then use ghost hunting tools to conduct a mini-investigation of why paranormal occurrences tend to occur there.
We’ll then walk three-tenths of a mile up Prospect Street to Milford Cemetery, where we’ll visit two stones:
- The grave of Andrew Sanford, who was accused of being a witch during Connecticut’s Colonial witch trials
- The monument that pays tribute to Revolutionary War Captain Stephen Stow, whose more than 300-year-old spirit has been captured in photos
As part of the experience, campers will also:
- Make their own ghost-hunting pendulums and learn how to use them
- Make a good luck “evil eye” bracelet that’s said to provide spiritual protection
- Learn how to use cell phone cameras to capture orbs, energy ribbons and other paranormal evidence
- Hear stories about the infamous Captain Kidd and how the time he spent in Milford led to Charles Island being cursed three times
Just as spooktacular is that all who attend Spirits of Milford Ghost Camp will receive a voucher for one free ticket to attend any fall, spring or summer Spirits of Milford Ghost Walk in 2021 or 2022.
Participants are encouraged to dress appropriately for the weather and wear safe walking shoes; bring their cell phones or cameras; and wear sunscreen and bug spray. Water bottles will be provided.
Each Spirits of Milford Ghost Camp session will be limited to 10 participants, so early registration is recommended. Cost is $75 per person. Pay by credit card, PayPal or Venmo. Registration will not be final until payment is received and is non-refundable. Refunds will only be given if severe weather forces us to cancel. If that occurs, participants will have the option of rescheduling to another date or requesting a refund.
Drop-off and pick-up for Spirits of Milford Ghost Camp will be at the entrance to Wilcox Park, which is located in the parking lot of the public boat launch behind the Milford Public Library at 57 New Haven Ave. Other details will be provided in a confirmation email after payment is received. At the start of the program, parents or guardians must present a signed Spirits of Milford Ghost Camp waiver and liability form. Participation will NOT BE ALLOWED without this form.
Sessions with availability are:
Tuesday, June 22 – 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday, June 22 – 2 to 5 p.m. Thursday, June 24 – 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday, June 24 – 2 to 5 p.m. Tuesday, June 29 – 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 29 – 2 to 5 p.m.
Thursday, July 1 – 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday, July 1 – 2 to 5 p.m. Tuesday, July 6 – 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday, July 6 – 2 to 5 p.m. Thursday, July 8 – 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Thursday, July 8 – 2 to 5 p.m.
Saturday, July 10 – 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, July 10 – 2 to 5 p.m. Tuesday, July 13 – 5 to 8 p.m.
- Thursday, July 15 – 5 to 8 p.m.
Saturday, July 17 – 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, July 17 – 2 to 5 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 20 – 5 to 8 p.m.
Thursday, July 22 – 5 to 8 p.m. Saturday, July 24 – 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, July 24 – 2 to 5 p.m. Tuesday, July 27 – 5 to 8 p.m.
- Thursday, July 29 – 5 to 8 p.m.
Saturday, July 31 – 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, July 31 – 2 to 5 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 3 – 5 to 8 p.m.
- Thursday, August 5 – 5 to 8 p.m.
- Saturday, August 7 – 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Saturday, August 7 – 2 to 5 p.m.
For more information, please contact Spirits of Milford at email@example.com or call or text 203-214-7554.