A 2017-18 holiday SPOOKTACULAR taking place on 9 nights only!
A brand new Spirits of Milford Ghost Walk where you’ll meet the ghosts of Christmases past, plus learn how their stories meld with Milford history. Guided by a flickering lantern light and shrouded by the crooked arms of shadowed trees, we’ll walk past looming Victorian and Colonial homes, and centuries-old buildings, as we circle through Milford’s northern historical district on our way to Milford Cemetery. Carrying EMF detectors able to signal the appearance of a ghostly presence, you’ll learn about the close relationship between Christmas and the paranormal, as well as hear chilling ghost stories about:
- The WWI solider who appears once each year
- The Christmas bride who died on her wedding night
- The grave digger who never misses Christmas Eve services
- The young girl found dead with tinsel in her hair
- The ghostly footprints of Zachariah Whitman
- The cry of the Minute Man and his Christmas carol-singing wife
- The weeping woman and wandering man of Milford Cemetery
- And the tales of several other restless spirits!
Walk starts at 7 p.m. at the World War I monument in front of Milford City Hall on River Street and is appropriate for all ages. Some of the sidewalks along the roughly 1-mile route are bumpy, but most are stroller and wheelchair friendly. PLEASE DRESS FOR THE WEATHER, including wearing appropriate shoes.
The walk lasts roughly 90 minutes and, like the original Spirits of Milford Ghost Walk, is led by Milford-based writer and storyteller Cindy Wolfe Boynton, a journalist, playwright, actor and author of “Connecticut Witch Trials: The First Panic in the New World,” among other titles.
Book your Christmas Spirits of Milford Ghost Walk by clicking on the desired date*:
- 7 p.m. Friday, Dec. 8
- 7 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 9
- 7 p.m. Friday, Dec. 15
- 7 p.m. Friday, Dec. 22
- 7 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 23
- 7 p.m. Friday, Dec. 29
- 7 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 30
- 7 p.m. Friday, Jan. 5, 2018
- 7 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 6, 2018
Space on each walk is strictly limited.
- $18 per person when purchased in advance. (Highly recommended!) Advance online ticket sales close two hours before walk begins.
- $23 per person when purchased in person, at start of walk. EXACT CASH required. If planning to purchase a walk-up ticket, please call or text (203) 214-7554 to ensure space is still available.
- Children 4 and under are free.
* Your purchase of Christmas Spirits of Milford Ghost Walk tickets signifies that you have read, understand and agree to the terms and conditions stated in our liability waiver. All sales are final. In the event a walk is cancelled because of severe weather, you will receive a credit to use your tickets on any future Christmas Spirits of Milford Ghost Walk, or on our original Spirits of Milford Ghost Walk, in 2017-2018 or beyond. Spirits of Milford will also do its best to accommodate cancellations made by the customer, ensuring that the customer is able to use his or her tickets on a future, mutually agreed-upon date.